ReleaseNotes 2 5 2
AppArmor 2.5.2 Release Notes
The 2.5.2 release of the AppArmor user space tools fixes bugs and includes minor enhancements over the AppArmor 2.5.1 release.
- For information on other versions please see AppArmor versions
Bug Fixes and Enhancements
- update Ubuntu email abstraction for ever-changing path of Thunderbird
- fix proc usage in firefox profile (bnc #436262)
- fix incorrect /proc/*/sys usage in usr.sbin.ntpd (bnc #634801)
- updated dnsmasq profile (LP: #697239)
- updated freedesktop.org abstraction
- updated X abstraction for dri modules (LP: #658135)
- other various abstraction updates
- add workaround for kernel bug in handling AF_MAX network entries (LP: #727478)
- skip build time cache tests when in environments where securityfs is not available
- break build targets apart to support distributors who don't wish to build/include everything.
- fix a couple of situations where invalid characters were being passed through to stdout
- fix use after free in regexp parser
- fix two x (execute) transition conflict bugs (LP: #693082) and add testcases
AppArmor Utils (aa-genprof, aa-logprof)
- fix to set complain mode on subprofiles (LP: #707092)
- fix handling of log entries containing a null path (bnc #407959)
- fix handling of audit events for unconfined processes
- cleanup process state correct after abort in genprof (bnc #586072)
- fix aa-logprof's behavior when writing out variable declarations to not emit incorrect syntax
- fix network event handling due to change in log format (bnc #665483)
- abstract out the perl vendor location for distros to override if necessary at installation time
- adjust strings for easier translations (bnc #586072)
- updates to manpages
- other minor bugfixes
AppArmor Library (libapparmor)
- make change_hatv(), change_hat_varargs() available via swig interfaces
- fix python swig bindings to be functional
Regression Test Suite
- fix auto-generation of profiles on x86_64 systems.
- fix "deleted" test case to match the documentation for the expected outcome and add additional positive test.
- fix xattr tests to use its own loopback mounted fs to ensure that user_xattrs are supported.
- fix minimalist tcp test and re-enable
- fix several testsuite warnings and typos.
Some deprecated and obsolete features were removed with this release:
- utils/severity.pl - due to incorrect license/copyright statement