ReleaseNotes 2 6 1
AppArmor 2.6.1 Release Notes
AppArmor 2.6.1 is an incremental bug fix release over AppArmor 2.6.0, that has focused on bug fixing of the userspace code. AppArmor 2.6.1 is purely a userspace release, it leverages the same kernel code as AppArmor 2.6.0.
- For information on other versions please see AppArmor versions
Linux kernel compatability
As with prior releases, the AppArmor user space utilities are dependent on a few bits of kernel functionality that were not accepted by upstream when the kernel portion of AppArmor was merged into the Linux kernel. Compatibility patches are included in this user space release.
See upstream release notes for more information.
Improvements and Bugs Fixed
AppArmor apache2 module (mod_apparmor)
- Fix build time linking issue that prevented mod_apparmor from working (LP: #737074)
- Allow the parser to specify more network protocols by fixing the set filtered out at build time (LP: #732837)
- Fix parser to check its own timestamp against cached profiles, to ensure that on parser upgrades, the caches get regenerated (LP: #731184)
- Fix profile matching when an attachement name doesn't contain a regex pattern (e.g. profile chromium-browser /usr/lib/chromium-browser/chromium-browser) (LP: #731155)
- Add workaround for older kernels that didn't properly filter out newer network protocols beyond AF_MAX (LP: #727478)
- Fix rc.apparmor.functions breakage (LP: #735429)
- Minor fixups to profiles
- Fix 'make check' test target to cover the profiles in extras as intended
AppArmor regression tests
- Fix simple tcp test and re-enable by default