ReleaseNotes 2 9 0
AppArmor 2.9.0 Release Notes
AppArmor 2.9.0 introduces significant changes over the prior AppArmor 2.8 series.
- For information on other versions please see AppArmor versions
New Features and Improvements Highlights
- Support for dbus mediation (requires dbus patch, work is currently underway to get this accepted in dbus upstream)
- Support for mediating ptrace, signals, and unix abstract sockets (needs kernel patches)
- User tools rewritten in Python, Perl versions deprecated
- The mod_apparmor apache module uses the vhost name as a default hat name, if one is not defined (see mod_apparmor(8) for details)
- Lots of bug fixes, added testcases, and reference policy improvements
- New "allow" keyword
- New dbus mediation type
- New ptrace mediation type
- New signal mediation type
- New unix mediation type
Please see the AppArmor Core Policy Reference for more information.